SIBIU HOME  |   CONTACT  |   SERVICII  |   WEB DESIGN  |   WEB HOSTING  |   DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY  |   SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION)  |   INTERNET CONSULTING

Searching for familymembers - Sigerius

"Avem un oras frumos" zicea cineva odata. Hai sa le aratam tuturor ce se poate vedea la noi , pentru ca se poate...

PostPosted: 22.05.2007 21:55
Hello,

I`m trying to connect to family in Hermannstadt, if there`s any left. All connection was lost during the last war.

My great grandmother lived in Hermannstadt all her life. I keep a picture of her, and her name was Emilie Sigerius. I don`t know much about her other than she married and took the name Schafferer. She divorced her husband after some years, wich must have been quite extraordinary at that time. I believe she married again some years after this.

Her father, my great great grandfather is supposed to have been mayor of Siebenbürgen, as my mother tells me - but it might just as well have been Hermannstadt - as we are both a little confused about the historic names etc. (It wasn`t untill recently I learned that Hermannstadt=Sibiu=Ardeal=Erdely, Siebenbürgen=Transylvania)His last name is all I know - Sigerius)

I know my great grandmother wrote a letter to my mother, her only grandchild, shortly before she died, asking her to come and visit. This was during world war two. My mother was of course unable to travel because of her young age and the circumstances at that time. I believe the old lady must have been somewhat disorientet.

If there`s anyone who can give a clue as to where I should start looking, I`d be thrilled:)

PostPosted: 23.05.2007 12:57
Hello,

I`m trying to connect to family in Hermannstadt, if there`s any left. All connection was lost during the last war.

My great grandmother lived in Hermannstadt all her life. I keep a picture of her, and her name was Emilie Sigerius

http://www.sibiu.hermannstadt.ro/bobel/ ... /bobel.htm
Strange, I found on this site recomended by Mr. Georg Schoenpflug von Gam the next quote: "
Er hat nicht wenig dazu beigetragen, unsere Empfindung für die Schönheit der Heimat zu stärken, in späteren Generationen zu wecken, und das soll
ihm nicht vergessen werden

Emil Sigerus "

Is it a conicidence of names? It looks very much like the name of the grandmother you are looking for.

BTW, it's just getting through my mind: Are you looking for a german grandmother who is supposed to have some houses in Sibiu? Wow, I would like one too!!!

PostPosted: 23.05.2007 18:49
This is a good tip, thank you:)

Mvh
Eva

PostPosted: 24.05.2007 08:07
@ Eva Schafferer

According to the list published in "Cronica orasului Sibiu" by Emil SIGERUS, there was no maire with that name in Sibiu.
The problem is that more people spell SIGERIUS, not SIGERUS.

I think that the tombstones from the Evangelic Cemetery of Sibiu would help. I saw some Sigerus names written there.

PostPosted: 07.06.2007 13:36
1. The Name of the Family is SIGERUS.
Follow the Link to see and download the Photos of Emil Sigerus(1854--1947), probably the Grand-Father (Grossvater) of Emilie Sigerus...(or better: Father!)...
http://www.jurnal.muzeulastra.ro/arhiva2/noutati%20si%20evenimente.htm
Georg Schoenpflug von Gambsenberg Ulm/Soeflingen. Germany
PS. Deutsch waere es mir leichter...
Last edited by Retras la cerere on 08.06.2007 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07.06.2007 17:23
Die Familie Sigerus scheint Flaemischer Ursprungs zu sein: vide Sigerus de Brabantia und andere Sigerus.
Hospites nach Ungarn:
XV Jh. Siger nobilis in Oedenburg (Sopron) West-Ungarn.
XV.Jh. Siger Patricius und nobilis in Claudiopolis (Culus,Clausenburg,Kolozsvar, Cluj) Transylvania (damals noch saxones in Claudiopolis!)
dannn: in Cronstadt, Transsylv. (Brassu, Corona, Cronen-Stadt, Brasso, Brasov):Lutheraner!
(1597:)Sigerus Bartholomaeus (aus Cronstadt):Theses Disputationes Septimae Rerum Physicarum(...) Witebergiae M.D.XC.VII.
(1610...1647):Sigerus Johannes studiert 24.05.1610 Wittenberg, 1613-1616 Stadt-Pfarrer in Cronstadt, dann ab 12.05.1616 Pfarrer in Weidenbach/Cronstadt (Salcun, Vidombak,Widinbach,Ghimbav). + 18.11.1643 Weidenbach.
Schreibt: Dissertatio de Mundo.Praeside M.Sigismundo Eveno.Wittebergae,1611
XVIII. Jh. in Cronstadt: Sigerus Peter, Goldschmied (aurifabri magister)
nach Hermannstadt:
sein Sohn:
Sigerus Peter, Apotheker (Pharmazist) un Botaniker.
* 03.07.1759 Cronstadt, Trannsylv., + 07.09.1831 Hermannstadt (Cibinium, Nagy-Szeben, Sibiu) Transsylv.
Sein Sohn:
Sigerus Karl Notarius Principalis der Stadt Hermannstadt, Stadt-Rat in Hermannstadt.
* 13.04.1813 Hermannstadt, + 24.07.1868 Salzburg/Hermannstadt (Vizakna, Ocna-Sibiului)...
Mehrere Soehne.
Der 5-te Sohn:
Sigerus Emil.Sammler, Ethnograph, Chronist der Stadt Hermannstadt, Autor diverse Studien und Monographien
* 19.02.1854 Hermannstadt (Nagy-Szeben),Gross-Fuerstentum Siebenbuergen(Magnus Principatus Transsilvaniae),Erbland des Kaiserreichs Oesterreich (Imperium Austriacum) + 25.03.1947 Sibiu (Hermannstadt) Rumaenien
vermutlich Tochter:
Sigerus Emilie...nach Amerika, verheiratet Schafferer...
Adnotata et excerptata: Georg Schoenpflug von Gambsenberg, 89077 Ulm/Soeflingen
Last edited by Retras la cerere on 07.06.2007 20:15, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 07.06.2007 17:58
Adressbuch...Hermannstadt, 1901:

Sigerus Emil.Prokurist der allg.wechsels. Versicherungsbank Transsylvania. Gr.(osser) Ring 11
- Ernst.Apotheker.Heltauerg.(asse) 31
- Gustav.Kassier der saechsischen Nationsuniversitaetskasse.Reitschulg.(asse) 10
- Hans.Advokaturskonzipist.Heltauergasse 31
- Julie. Magistrats-Obernotaersw.(itwe) Gr.(osser) Ring 11
- Julius. Magistratsrat (Buergermeisterstellvertreter).Heltauergasse 57
- Robert. Komitats-Waisenamtsassessor.Wieseng.(asse) 14
- Therese.K.u.Unterrichtersw. Kindergarteninhaberin. Salzgasse 2.
- Wilhelm.Restaurateur. Kl.(einer) Ring 23
aus: Adressbuch der k.(oeniglichen) freien Stadt Hermannstadt (...) IX.Jahrgang...W.Krafft, Hermannstadt 1901
Excerpta: Georg Schoenpflug von Gambsenberg, 89077 Ulm/Soeflingen, Deutschland

PostPosted: 08.06.2007 10:58
The Evangelic A.B. Parish of Hermannstadt/Sibiu..You find all the right Answers...

Evangelische Kirchengemeinde Hermannstadt:

Piata Huet 1
RO-550182 Sibiu/Hermannstadt Romania
Stadt-Pfarrer Kilian Doerr
Tel.: 0040-269-212600
Email: hermannstadt@evang.ro
Follow the Link: http://www.evang.ro/hermannstadt
Best Regards
Georg Schoenpflug von Gambsenberg
89077 Ulm/Soeflingen, Germany

PostPosted: 08.06.2007 17:03
Faceti cumva sa ajunga cumva stirile astea la cea interesata, Eva Schafferer.Nu am adresa email directa catre....Si istoria familiei Sigerus este si o particica de Istorie Culturala Transilvana...Teze de Doctorat la inceputul sec.XVI, la Wittenberg....Nu este chiar un lucru de toata ziua...Cu intentie n-am publicat mormanul de scrieri ale membrilor acestei familii...Numai cu Emil Sigerus as umple trei pagini pe putin...Si Muzeul cu Colectia lui le are acum Orasul! Merita un omagiu...
Am scris in germana, engleza mea e mai mult decat debila, iar din romaneste i-ar fi eventual mai greu sa gaseasca traducator in America...Dar Documentatia ramane bun castigat....Am avut ceva de lucru...
Georg Schoenpflug von Gambsenberg

PostPosted: 08.08.2007 22:55
:action:

To all of you - thank you so very much for helping me out.

I`m ever so grateful!

Kind regards
Eva S

PostPosted: 16.03.2009 20:01
A? dori s? v? mul?umesc pentru toate informa?iile pe care le-au dat de mine. De la ultima am g?sit ambele meu str?bunic? Emilie ?i o rud? în Germania. Lui str?bunic? a fost sora de Emil Sigerus. Emilie lor a fost nepoata (fiica lui Julius, fratele lui Emil.)

Primarul s-au dovedit a fi Martin von Hochmeiser, ea "great grandfather".

Aceasta a fost o foarte rau de gramatica, dar l-am folosit Google traduc?tor ?i de speran??, este de în?eles!

Big mul?umesc tuturor!

Acum, c? l-am g?sit în sfâr?it mi parola, am fost repede lectur? în forum de planificare ?i de o excursie la Sibiu, împreun? cu mama mea.

Toate cele bune
Eva Schafferer
Attachments

Return to Sibiul Vechi